Wednesday 26 November 2014

It's Been a While... Take 2 (for real this time)


Wednesday 26th November '14


Welloo There - That's how it sounded in my head, I was supposed to say 'Well Hello There'. Anyhow, it's been a while and I really do apologise, things have been all over the place and a but everywhere recently. This is going to be a bit of a catch up post letting you know whats been going on and really just me getting back into everything, I am still going to aim to write a post every day, even if it's just a short one but if not please bear with me, I will get there!

First things first I guess, thank you so much if you are reading this, I know I haven't kept it up as much as I first intended but like I said, let's try this again, properly this time. Hope you're having a wonderful day, now let's get started...



So since the last time I posted (November 5th) quite a few things have happened, I celebrated my 19th Birthday on November 8th, Freya and I travelled back up north to spend my birthday with my whole family and it was lovely! I haven't seen them for a while and visiting them all was so wonderful! I also got spoilt for my birthday and I really can't wait until christmas to see them all again! 

Oh and you may have noticed that my hair is now purple! Plus the whole 'only liking the left side of my face' thing, is still a thing. So I'm now 19, hair is purple, hmmm what else.

Oh, for Valentines Day, yes 9 months ago, Freya got me the wonderful gift of an Owl Experience, where you can fly and handle all of the owls. It was booked for up north but every time we've been up previously we haven't been able to fit in going to do the day trip! But finally, and timing it with my birthday, we managed to get there and it was such a wonderful day! I did something similar when I was 10 with birds of prey, including owls, but it was so lovely to have a day full of owls, they're my favourite! 



I got to hold all kinds, from Eagle Owls to Boobook Owls and it was amazing! The guy who runs the centre was lovely, kinda looks like a cuddly Wolverine! He owned all of the owls and was so passionate about them and answered so many questions. Overall it was such a brilliant experience, then we have some lunch in a cute little cafe before heading off to Freya's other Mum, who lives in Worcester near Birmingham!


When visiting we had an early Christmas lunch as we won't be seeing that side of Freya's family until after Christmas. They have guinea pigs so the we so much fun to cuddle! It was such a nice and calm day and we then headed back down to Canterbury. The rest of the time has just consisted of getting back into the swing of things and relaxing, spending lots of tie at the library to help Freya get her Uni work done and looking into work opportunities for me. It's going pretty well :)

But anyways, I know this one isn't as interesting or fun as some of the blogposts I've done before but I'm just getting back into the swing of things!




Bird of the day time and them I'm off folks! Remember...


In light of my Owl Experience and you probably not knowing what a Boobook Owl is, take a look!

<-- Look at this cutie!
Generally nocturnal, roosts by day in thick foliage. When threatened, they sit bolt upright, with feathers pressed tight against the body, and turn side-on to the source of the threat, appearing long and slender. Generally feeds on small mammals, especially the House Mouse Mus musculus, and birds up to the size of a House Sparrow.

Hope you have a wonderful evening and stay safe kiddos! :) Speak soon*

*promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment