Sunday 19 October 2014

In-Between Sundays...

Sunday 19th October '14

So today in a nutshell has been wonderful!
<-- Photo today with me and the missus!

To be honest, we haven't really got upto anything special - but I guess that's the beauty of sundays really isn't it! 
From the moment I woke up this morning my thoughts have been the same all day... "yay, tomorrow is Monday". But ya know, as crap as that is - I have a whole day to just do Sunday things. Today has included a nice walk into Canterbury town centre, grabbed a Starbucks for breakfast, boy I love going to Starbucks, they are all so wonderful in there, they know my name, my usual orders, ask how my day is going at work when I'm on my lunch break and it's just really lovely. 

(Oh and a side note - as I'm in there practically everyday - I get alot of vouchers and entries to free coffee contests and lots of free tokens to spend in Starbucks - so I may start something on here to allow my readers to get their hands on some freebies! I mean if you're interested?)

But anyways - after a lovely spot of breakfast we wandered around town for a while, bought some fudge from the Fudge Kitchen - trying not to eat it all at once. Then went for a drive out to our closest beach - Whitstable, Kent, we loving going there - just to sit and watch the waves lap up over the pebbles. It's so releasing to be able to throw stones into the sea, feeling any unwanted feelings and stress go with the stones and vanish into the water. It is so wonderful to also distract me from any cleaning urges or not feeling in control which I think sometimes is why I feel the need to focus my energy on tidying up,  but hey - lot's of energy is now being focused on my writing which I love.

I guess the best thing about Sundays (besides the one's I have to work) is the balance between relaxing yet preparing for the week ahead. I like the idea of balancing, thinking about different situations and how so many different aspects need to be included to be able to resolve them. I know that's vague and scattered but that's just how I'm feeling this evening. I just like to get lost in my thoughts sometimes, I think that's the best thing that you can do. No one really knows you better than you, so make the most of that and get lost in your thoughts, go wild, be crazy - no one can judge you.

Talking of balance, Freya bought me a bracelet the other day, made up of tiny colourful stones aiming to blanche different aspects of the body - consisting of; Crown, The Third Eye, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sexual and Base. We've been really interested in Buddhism and reading into and researching the beliefs and ways of the culture. Also relaxation and mind balancing. It truly is intriguing to read into and learn about their ways. The stones in the bracelet are made up of components to balance Chakra;
  • Quartz Qrystal - Overall balance of the Chakra System.
  • Amethyst - It is Concerned with understanding knowledge, and mental organising.
  • Sodalite - Communication, personal expression and the flow of information.
  • Green Quartz - Deals with relationships and personal development.
  • Citrine/ Yel Jade - Helps give self confidence and personal power.
  • Hematite - It gives stability, energy distribution and survival.
  • Agate - Its functions are creativity, feelings and sexual drive.
I don't really expect most of you to read this far as I'm not feeling extremely creative with my writing tonight, but if you have thank you! Have a photo of our little baby girl, Chubbs - She's our adopted hamster (nobody wanted her as she was too chubby) but we love her to pieces and her favourite thing to eat is dried sweetcorn! Look how cute her tiny feets are!

I'm not particularly looking forward to work tomorrow - I'm doing a 10am 'til 7pm shift - as great as having a little lie in is, I do prefer to do earlier shifts and finish earlier in the day but hey ho. 

I'm sat here next to a Orange, Rose and Amber candle and it's making me feel even more sleepy than before. Today is an in-between day, it's hard to relax, it's hard to get things done. But all I do know is that now it's time to play Scrabble and drink some hot chocolate and make the most of a lazy evening in!

I'm sorry for how mismatched this post it just reflects the day that I've had and how my head feels.
Be sure to keep popping back though for posts everyday, and I'm sure I'll have some funny stories to tell you from work tomorrow oh and my new team, let's hope I can settle into my new desk okay! Oh god, now I'm worried about that!

Anyway kiddos - time for my bird of the day!
I wasn't sure what bird to post today, and someone asked me on tumblr what my favourite bird was and I really struggled to answer, but one of my favourites is a Barn Owl. Oh and if you don't know my tumblr, feel free to pay it a visit - HellooHannah. Barn Owls have beautiful heart shaped faces, they are nocturnal and you will spot them mainly in wooded areas, open country fields and riverbanks, and it's best to see them at dusk! They usually feed on mice, voles and shrews. They are starting to decrease in numbers after an incline from 1995-2008, but they are now currently on the amber status on the endangered scale. 
Barn Owls are just super cute and fluffy and aah, they're beautiful! 

But that's it for now!
Hope you have a lovely evening and a good start to the new week - you can achieve anything!

See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment